Sunday 9 September 2012

The Pied Piper - 8th August 2012

Yummm.. so good
We accidentally conducted a social experiment tonight while waiting in line at the airport. It's official, I can confirm that people are like sheep. They stand in the safety of a group waiting, waiting, waiting without breaking ranks until one moves. Then, they all follow. Our flight home from Tahiti was delayed by 17 hours (there are certainly worse places to be stuck). When we finally go to the airport, we were greeted by a two hour queue. After waiting somewhat patiently for 45 min, we cracked. James went in search of food. He returned triumphant with the exact thing I didn't know I wanted - a toasted ham and cheese panini.
 As we took turns biting into it I begin to feel hundreds of eyes watching me. It seems everyone else in the queue was staving and we were torturing them. The panini was sooo good I was making food sex noises as I ate. Twenty minutes later I looked around, and what did I see? Ham and cheese paninis everywhere. It only took one person to break ranks, then they all followed. James you are the Pied Piper of paninis. I wonder what else we can make people do? Evil laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment