Sunday 9 September 2012

My happy place - 14th August 2012

Going to my happy place

Close your eyes and think of breakfast. That has been my mantra today. It's only day two back in the real world (work) and already the bliss of Tahiti feels like a lifetime ago.  It's days like this that The Perspective Project is so helpful. I'm determined not to fall back into the trap of letting work and life consume me. Tahiti allowed me to hit the restart button. Now I've got to retain some of the perspective I gained. Most mornings we had breakfast looking out over the beautiful view above. This is now my happy place. I'm using it to serve two purposes. First, deliver calm and make me smile when real life gives me the shits. Second, I hope it reminds me to eat breakfast. This is something I don't do, but really need to do. I’m starting with the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment