Sunday 30 September 2012

Chocolate molten lava - 21st September 2012

Chocolate fondant cannot be beaten
Does anyone who lived in the UK remember those M&S ads with the chocolate fondant at Christmas time? You know, the one where the spoon glides through the perfectly formed warm chocolate cake to Does anyone who lived in the UK remember those M&S ads with the chocolate fondant at Christmas time? You know, the one where the spoon glides through the perfectly formed warm chocolate cake to release a wave of chocolate lava across the plate. A warm chocolate fondant is my favourite desert. As someone who doesn't really love food - I'd happily take a pill each day if it meant I didn't need to bother eating - I got a glimpse tonight of what foodies go through. My husband loves food. He gets excited by intricate ingredients twirled on a plate and mouthfuls of flavour. Me not so much. That is until a chocolate fondant shows itself on a desert menu. Tonight I found a perfect specimen at Toko in Surry Hills. While the rest of our table raved about the soft shell crab, I had a private moment of ecstasy in my mouth with a fondant. I felt like the woman from the M&S ad. Tonight I enjoyed two of life's pleasures, great food and brilliant company. Two things to be vey thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment