Sunday 9 September 2012

Call the ambulance- 16th August 2012

What I could have looked like, post electrical surge

Today I am simply grateful to be alive. I know it sounds dramatic, but in yet another display of why I should not be allowed to perform domestic tasks unsupervised, I almost electrocuted myself tonight. How I hear you ask? It was quite easy actually.
The story starts with Rocco eating something he shouldn't – as many dramas in our house do. I came home to find Rocco had somehow dragged the electrical chords from under the TV and stereo. Hae managed to chew clean through almost every cord. In my impatience to watch TV, I (rather stupidly) decided to plug the one semi-chewed lead back into the power-board to see if it still worked. BANG! In a split second a loud electrical bang filled the room, my hand was covered in black soot and the plug was blown clean off the lead. What the hell was I thinking? My impatience almost killed me. Needless to say, James was not impressed when I relayed the story. Me, I'm just grateful to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment