Sunday 2 September 2012

Be breast aware - 31st July 2012

Today I got the fright of my life. I found a lump about a week ago, assumed it was hormonal and didn't think much more about it. When it was still there last night I thought I should get off my bum and get it checked out. To be honest, it felt as though I was being overly dramatic but that's my style so I went with it. Ten minutes after my appointment I found myself in a cold medical room having a breast ultrasound and a mammogram. Holy shit. This stuff happens to other people, not me. How wrong my last thought was. 
Today I realised anyone's life really can change in a split second. I am so grateful that everything looked ok on my scans. But I could just as easily have been among the unlucky ones. I had this cold realisation as I sat waiting for the results. Please, please, please ladies, don't be complacent. Being breast aware and catching things early can save your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment