Sunday 30 September 2012

Girls on tour - 17th September 2012

Red lips for the girls on tour
Sometimes you just need a little colour to spice up your life. After a pre-flight visit to the MAC Duty Free counter, I am now the proud owner of my first red lipstick. I know, 35 is a little late to be discovering the wonders of luscious red lips. Truth be told, I just haven't been brave enough until now. Red lips always felt like too much of a statement for someone who prefers to be in the background. 
But times have changed. I am now out and proud in bold red. I admit I felt ridiculous for the first hour. I couldn't stop looking at myself in every window, worrying that people were laughing at me. But as a wise woman told me today (cheers Emma Charter), "It's all about confidence. You have to wear it with confidence". So here goes...cheers to the confident new me. So far I am loving the liberating feeling red lips deliver.
 
 
PS. Sometimes it really is the little things that make your day. I opened my suitcase in the hotel tonight to find James had left little 'I love you' Post-It notes in my suitcase. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment