Sunday 30 September 2012

Inspiring women - 20th September 2012




Tonight I took the first step toward making my next big dream come true. I would love nothing more than to write a book. More to the point, I really want to turn the inspiration for this blog into a book. I've spent a lot of time talking about it, but I've decided it is time to stop talking and kick start some action.
I took a course tonight at the Sydney Writers Centre called 'Blog to Book'. It was fantastic! Absolutely bloody fantastic. I almost pulled the pin an hour before because it was on a few hours after my fight arrived home from NZ - I was nursing a mammoth hangover. But like most things in life that you can't be bothered doing, they turn out to be brilliant once you get off your arse and make an effort. I dragged myself there feeling like death warmed up. I  came home feeling totally inspired.
I loved everything about the course, from the brilliant blogs the other attendees are writing, to the honest suggestions and hilarious insights from Kerri Sackville, the guest presenter. Most of all I loved feeling inspired by a room full of strong creative women. I walked out tonight feeling confident I now have a strategy to help make my dream a reality. I wish I could bottle this feeling of empowered inspiration. Bugger the book, that would make me a billionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment