Sunday 1 April 2012

Straight lines - 31st March 2012


The joy of straight hair

Vanity strikes. The thing I am most grateful for today makes me shallow, vain and lazy. But I don't care because I love the way it makes me feel. As a little pre-birthday treat to myself (convenient excuse), I had another Keretin straightening treatment put in my hair. Yes I know, it's suppose to be bad for me. It contains formaldehyde and does have a very strong chemical smell to it. But as someone who drinks way too much coke and consumes an excessive amount of sugar, I am taking my changes.
The reason I love this treatment so much is two fold. First, it saves me about 10 minutes every morning as I get ready for work. I don't do mornings, so that 10 minutes is a massive deal. Secondly, it makes me feel good about myself, because for three months at a time, my hairstyle looks pretty much how it should all day. It can rain, it can snow or the humidity can reach 100% and my hair is still straight and my fringe is where it should be. That right there is reason enough to bring a huge smile to my face. I am already looking forward to my sleep in on Monday morning. Vanity = 1,  Sensible decision making = 0

No comments:

Post a Comment