Sunday 1 April 2012

An advertiser's dream - 1st April 2012

So happy together...


James is right, I am an advertiser's dream. He's been telling me this for years. One morning this week I woke up with the song "Happy Together" by the Turtles rolling around in my head. It stayed there all day and every time my brain burst into song I had an intense feeling of happiness. It was lovely and lasted all day. 
I was perplexed as to why that exact song because I couldn't remember hearing it anywhere, but I didn't give it much more thought. That is until I was watching TV tonight and an ad for the new season of Offspring came on. Well what do you know - the theme song for the new season is "Happy Together". As I watched the scenes with wonderfully crazy Nina and gorgeous Patrick looking all loved up, I instantly felt the same level of happiness I'd experienced earlier in the week as I sung to myself.
Obviously I must have seen the ad before, but being so caught up in life I didn't notice it. It seems my subconscious took a liking to it and stored it. I feel a little violated and slightly in awe of the power of advertising right now. I am also launching an argument that all of those unplanned shopping splurges over the years were not actually my fault. It's not because I have no self-control, the ads made me do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment