Tuesday 10 April 2012

Chaos in the country - 8th April 2012

James' shower buddy


Happy Easter everyone! James and I are having a nice chilled out, relaxing break at Mum and Dad's in the country to celebrate Easter his year.
We were pretty much nailing it all day (massive sleep in and a lot of TV watching) until chaos descended. It seems the great outdoors are too much for us city slickers. The normally unflappable James had a mild cardiac arrest when he noticed this big creepy crawling staring at him as he took a shower. To be fair, he says the photo does not do its size justice. There was a lot of shouting from James, "Oh my god, there is a huge spider. Get me some spray, get me a container to catch it in, it's a BIG one. Oh shit, you should see it." I was shouting back from the lounge, "No, I don't want to see it. I won't be able to have a shower in there if I see it. Can you take a picture for the blog before you kill it?            
The calamity continued when we took to dogs for a walk. Mum's cute little fluffy dog, who oddly has the speed of a greyhound, sniffed out a wild duck minding its own business in the creek bed. She launched an attack and as quick as a flash she was off, racing towards the road in hot pursuit of said duck. Fearing a car would hit her, James and I took off after her - although the pursuit was not that hot from our end! My lungs were burning after about 30 seconds due to lack of fitness and James was lagging behind as he tried to sprint through long grass in thongs. Oh, the joys of the country. We may not be relaxed, but we certainly know we are alive, and we laughed a lot today. The laughs alone have been worth the trip.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment