Saturday 7 April 2012

I’m learning – 3rd April



The bench of progress


It’s been 103 days since I started The Perspective Project. To say I’ve fallen in love with blogging is an understatement. I am also feeling much happier about the direction of my life than I was in December last year. Taking time to appreciate the pleasures around me has helped to focus my mind and find some new direction. I’m also learning to slow down and breathe every now and then. I’m still stressed and busy, but occasionally I remember to stop and take a minute to myself. Today I had 10 minutes to kill while I waited for my lunch. Normally I would make a call, check Facebook or do something to fill the space in time. It seems I am allergic to silence and unoccupied minutes. Instead today I sat on a bench in the sunshine and just waited, breathing in the fresh air and sunshine, with no thoughts or worries in my mind. Now that is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment