Thursday 19 April 2012

My new addiction - 16th April 2012

Amazing!!!

My name is Patrice and I am an addict.  I am, like many Australians, addicted to The Voice. This reality talent quest has the power of crystal meth. After just one hit I am hooked!
My addiction began last night after being seduced by Channel Nine’s advertising barrage of the past few weeks. The ads looked good and I was curious. Curiosity developed into full-blown addiction tonight when blind teenager Rachel Leahcar sang me to tears. Yep, you read it correctly – I had a little cry (while James laughed at me). This is feel-good TV at its best.
The thing I love most about The Voice, apart from the high quality of talent and the lack of annoying repeated content after each ad break, is the judges. I love they way they pitch so passionately when they really want a contestant. It makes for brilliant viewing.
I have now officially confirmed my allegiance to Team Joel. His unashamed begging and desperation is endearing, and amusing. Despite Seal’s brilliance at the elevator pitch – he nearly had me a few times – there is something a little too smooth and calculating about him (for me). The surprise package has been Keith  Urban. Before today all I knew about him was that he was married to Nicole Kidman. This fact did not endear him to me. But ohhh, he is so lovely and genuine. Can I be on two teams?
I’m already counting the minutes until tomorrow night’s episode. God I love crap TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment