Wednesday 25 April 2012

I smell like a dude - 24th April 2012

I now smell like this dude

Some days I catch myself thinking about this blog and wondering what the hell today's entry will be about. Some days it's easy as there is goodness all around. Others are so busy I barley leave my desk and I'm just grateful for making it through the day. But it's often these days that throw up the best material when I least expect it. And today was a fine example.  
As I left the office tonight I saw a cab with its light on as the driver stood beside having a cigarette. Perfect, I thought. I jumped in, exhausted, and waited for the driver to finish. To my utter surprise, he got in the car and reached for a can of Lynx deodorant. Before I realised what was happening he was spraying it willy-nilly around the cab, including three squirts aimed at me and the back seat. And there it was right in that moment - the highlight of my day.  Despite smelling like the man, I laughed so hard on the inside (I didn’t want to offend him as he was really sweet).  I love the way people sometimes have no idea how inappropriate their behaviour is. He thought he was doing such a good thing so his cab didn’t smell like smoke. I suppose he was right - smelling like the Lynx guy is definitely better than a dirty cigarette.

No comments:

Post a Comment