Sunday 22 April 2012

Conquering my fears - 19th April 2012

Finally enjoying the view


For as long as I've been a traveler, I've also been a nervous flyer. My issue is the loss of control. I'd be much more comfortable if I was the pilot. Take-offs and turbulence, in particular petrify me and while I've yet to burst into fear-induced tears mid flight, it will happen.
What I am about to say next is probably tempting fate. In fact, I know it is stupid to say this aloud but, on my flight today I actually found myself enjoying the experience. I managed to fall asleep and remain so during take-off. I also felt relaxed enough to enjoy the view out the window, rather than trying to telepathically land the plane myself.
As a nervous flyer this is a state of being I never expected to achieve, and I am so grateful to have experienced it. My only hope now is that I haven’t tempted fate for my next flights. I really like this new world and want it to stay this way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment