Saturday 7 April 2012

Birthday wish list – 7th April

New York...on the Bucket List.

Today is my birthday. And it’s a big one...35 years old. Wow, even typing the out feels weird. Technically I am now middle aged, given that 70 is a decent life expectancy. Holy shit. I didn’t see this coming. In the true spirit of The Perspective Project I’ve decided not to dwell on the downside, but instead use this birthday as an opportunity to decide exactly what I want out of the next five years of my life, and then set about making it happen. 
And so a new project has been born...The Pre-40 Bucket List. James and I are making a list of everything we want to do and achieve before we turn 40. We will then move heaven and earth to make these things happen. 
After an initial conversation the list already has an impression line up of things to be ticked. Top of my list is living in New York or Hong Kong (minimum three months),  watching the World Cup in Brazil and swimming with whale sharks. Top of James' list is to live on a boat (that could be interesting!), buy his longed for motorbike and travel through northern Australia. Hold onto your hats world, here we come. I will post the full list as soon as we compile it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment