Sunday 15 April 2012

Feeling my age - 11th April 2012

It's the one in the red pants...

Twice today I felt every one of my 35 years, and given I still like to fool myself into thinking I'm 21, I didn't really like it.
During dinner with a gorgeous friend who is five months pregnant, she was recounting a story from her Doctor which included the comment "given your age". I was gobsmacked. "What do you mean, given your age?" I asked with a tone that indicted the Doctor must be an idiot. "You are only 34. What is he talking about?" We all know that 34 is the new 24, which is super young. It wasn't until my dear friend rightly pointed out that in fact 34 is on the later side for a woman to be having her first baby. She then quoted a load of stats that made me realise the only place where 34 is the new 24, is in my head! 
The second incident was slightly more entertaining. Today I happen to catch One Direction appearing live on the Today show. I spent a good 10 minutes passing judgment on the pathetic teenage girls crying and carrying on over a boy band. At the eleventh minute I found myself checking out one of the One Direction boys. Two thoughts went through my mind.  First: "The one in the red jeans is a bit hot". The second thoughts moments later: "OMG, is he even 17? Is that even legal? Oh no… I feel like a dirty old perv." Thirty-five sucks.
But hold on... there is an upside. I goggled said boy in red jeans and he is actually 20. Mass relief, I am not a pervert.  Now that IS something to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment