Saturday 18 February 2012

The wonders of chemicals- 8th Feb 2012


Until today, I've never understood the epidemic that is prescription drug addition. I just didn't get it. Class A drugs, yes, I see the appeal - illegal, slightly glamorous and true party aids. But popping pills from a medicine bottle has always baffled me. Where is the attraction?  

Today, I discover the answer. I now totally, totally get it! The story goes like this. I had a small non-eventful surgery procedure today. Due to my 'control' issues I was not thrilled to be parting in general anesthetic (it's like being on a plane - everything totally out of my hands). So the lovely Doctor gave me something to 'help me feel more relaxed' along with my anesthetic. I awoke to find myself in a lovely floaty haze that lasted all day. That shit was amazing. James was 40 minutes late collecting me and I wasn’t even phased. Normally I’d be calling him after five minutes asking where the hell he is. Instead, I casually waited another 30 minutes before putting in an 'are you coming soon' call. Anyone who knows me will appreciate this is nothing short of abnormal behaviour.

I’ve never felt so chilled and relaxed in my life. And, I now have a whole new perspective on the ease with which one could become addicted to prescription drugs. They may not have the glamour, but my god, they have the impact. I could really do with a bit more of THAT feeling in my daily life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment