Saturday 25 February 2012

Catching the view - 23rd Feb 2012

A brilliant view - thanks to John Burgher for the pic

The one benefit of traffic congestion is the opportunity to take in the view around me. Several times a week I am lucky enough to drive to work. I say lucky because despite the gridlock, it’s much better than waiting for late trains filed with irritating and smelly passengers. But I digress.
Today as I sat on the road above Circular Quay I was able to take in this fantastic view. While I not a fan of cruise ships (too many middle aged people wearing matching outfits for a start), you can't deny their sheer size is impressive to see up close. Once again, seeing Sydney Harbour in all her sunny glory has made me appreciate my life in this city a little more. It seems slowing down, if even it is forced, really does allow you to take in the beauty of life around you. Beauty I would normally whiz past in my hurry to somewhere else. 
Note: Thanks to my friend John Burgher for taking this great pic and letting me use it. I figured taking a pic from the car again was stretching my luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment