Monday 20 February 2012

Seeing the world through new glasses - 15th Feb 2012

My lunch break view

It only takes a small change to see the world in a different light. In my case today it was simply a matter of putting a new pair of sunglasses on. I've managed to lose my favourite sunnies. Well maybe not lost; they have just been 'Patriced'. This is the term used in our house to describe things I misplace. Typically the disappear for short-to-medium period and usually reappear in obvious places I swear I've checked multiple times.
Anyway, the latest incident forced me to wear my spare sunglasses today. They are lovely and expensive, just not as comfortable as my favourites, which are akin to an old pair of jeans. So I shouldn’t have been surprised that the lenses produced fantastic tones. As soon as I put them on, everything was bathed in deep vibrant colour. The trees were greener, the water in the harbour was a deeper darker blue and the sky was a perfect summer blue. For the length of my lunch break, the world around me looked richer and brighter. That in itself is something to celebrate. Not to mention the reminder it provided that life can always look better from a slightly different view.

No comments:

Post a Comment