Saturday 25 February 2012

Small mercies - 22nd Feb 2012


A clear run over the bridge - breaking point avoided

It was one of those days where I should have just rolled over and gone back to bed. I'm never at my best in the morning. Pre-10am just doesn't agree with me. But this morning was a particular struggle. 
I woke to the sound of what I thought was heavy rain. As I walked out of the bedroom, the lounge room was bathed in sunlight. No rain, just the TV on a static screen at full volume. It turns out our darling puppy, now cuddled up in his bed with the Foxtel remote, had turned on the TV while chewing the remote, paying particular attention to the volume button. 
I plan my morning to the last second, which allows for maximum sleep. The flaw in the plan is there is no time for any deviation. BOOM - big deviation of 10 minutes required today searching for missing dog-chewed remote. It was finally located under the lounge. 
Running late and feeling particularly stressed I then showed why I should never perform domestic chores. I managed to burn my stomach on the iron whilst ironing my work shirt. And no, I wasn't wearing it at the time. I am just a struggler.
The one saving grace in my morning was a clear run across the bridge with the least amount of traffic I have ever seen. I snapped this pic above to capture my excitement at the prospect of making it to work on time. I did realise mid pic that this probably wasn’t my smart move while driving. A rear ender would really have topped the morning off. Today I am grateful for my stupidity not making my day worse! 


No comments:

Post a Comment