Monday 20 February 2012

Glorious Sydney - 19th Feb 2012

James and the puppies in the harbour

Where else in the world can you find this on your doorstep? If Sydney were a foreign city I visited on my travels, she would wow me and woo me like no other - even Paris. But there is something about the fact this is my own back yard that makes it less exotic. I am definitely guilty of taking Sydney and all her beauty for granted. 
Taking the dogs for a swim in the harbour this afternoon gave me a chance to stop, look around and take in the view. I've decided to start treating Sydney like I would any other city I jet into. The traveler in me is about to immerse herself in everything Sydney has to offer. James' first suggestion to kick the initiative off - surfing lessons. Holy shit. My obsessive fear of sharks (I also check for them in fresh water) ensures this story is about to get quite funny come lesson day.

No comments:

Post a Comment