Sunday 16 December 2012

Loving and letting go - 14th Dec 2012

Oxford Street at Christmas

Love Actually…oh how it makes me think of London. I stumbled across this little gem of a movie on TV tonight. I had no intention of watching it. I really did plan on getting up in the first ad break to do something else. But scenes of wintery London at Christmas hooked me in. I was there from start to finish, reminiscing about the lights on Oxford St, mulled wine and the fact Christmas finally makes senses, from a visual perspective, once you’ve experienced it in the winter months.  Suddenly the snow on the ground in the Christmas cards fits. So do the roast dinners and the festive but wintery decorations. London does Christmas perfectly.
A year ago this trip down memory lane would have thrown me into a fit of misery, lamenting the loss of the glory days and cooking up desperate plans to get back to London, stat. But something has changed. While I miss it, my desire to move back has gone. It seems that after three-and-a-half years, I have finally made my peace with leaving London. Huge moment.
I don’t know how big a part creating The Perspective Project has played in this progression, but I know it’s one of the things that has helped me let go and move on.  Almost one year since it started, I am grateful for the positive impact this little project has had on my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment