Tuesday 11 December 2012

My calm place - 15th Nov 2012

I could sit and watch this view all day
Normally my mental happy place is a million miles away on a tropical island with aqua water lapping a white sand beach. Today, I found one a little closer to home. This is the view from the end of the park in Rushcutters Bay where I walk the dogs. There is something about this view I find incredibly relaxing. I've always loved sitting on the stone wall listening to the little waves splash onto the beach and watching the boats swaying on the water. But tonight I realised that just a few minutes on the wall is akin to a mental detox for me. Staring out tonight cleared my mind and brightened my mood. It seems my brian likes a mental staycation as much as a vacation. How would have guessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment