Saturday 15 December 2012

Drowning under boxes - 25th Nov 2012

Despite labels, I can't find a thing

We did it. We are in. Every muscle in my body hurts and I'm so exhausted I could sleep while standing, but we achieved the massive feat of moving out and in. I haven't formed an opinion on the new place yet. My thoughts are drifting no further than sleep and my bed. But the dogs like the backyard, thank god.  
The annoying and hilarious task of trying to find stuff hidden in boxes that are yet to be unpacked has begun. Hindsight is a beautiful thing. Next time I am going to write a list of key things contained in each box on the outside. You see, three boxes marked bedroom are not that helpful when searching for deodorant you know you threw in one of them, somewhere near the bottom. Ahhhh.
Unpacking issues aside, today I am just grateful we nailed the move with no dramas, bust ups or door slamming walk-outs. Let the sleep begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment