Saturday 15 December 2012

An unexpected move - 23rd Nov 2012

The drawcard backyard

Holy shit, we are moving. Double holy shit, we are moving over the bridge! Why the stress in my voice you may ask? Well, it's because in a fit of madness I agreed to move house this morning from a place I love, to a place I have never seen, tomorrow! Yes that's right – the world's biggest control freak agreed to this lastminute.com plan. With minimal forethought we are packing up our lives tonight and moving to a new place in the morning. WTF. Who does this!!! I knew it was an option, we’d chatted about it, loosely. But I was still in the thinking phase for god’s sake.
Why I hear you ask? In one word – dogs. The dogs need a backyard so Rocco can hopefully run his energy out instead of eating our furniture. At this point I would like to say that we got dogs because we don't want kids. Too much responsibility and restrictions on your life and all that. Right now you all have my permission to laugh big loud, satisfying belly laughs at our expense.
Despite my panic I am irrationally excited at the prospect of change. I love the fantasy of change. In this moment, I am thankful for fantasy. It is the only thing stopping this control freak from losing her shit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment