Saturday 15 December 2012

This is why you marry your best friend - 21st Nov 2012

Laughs and love
Three years ago today I married the love of my life. It's not something I ever thought I would do, but I have to say, it's been all together lovely. I realise now my life long objection to marriage was more with weddings than with marriage as a whole. The thought of wasting all that money and being the centre of attention for a day was my idea of hell. So three years on, what's changed? Not much at all. I still adore my husband, I'm still a fiercely independent woman, and I still hope we end up laughing our way through old age together. Because that's what happens when you marry your best friend - even the shitty days have a silver lining. Today I am grateful for a happy anniversary celebrated with ice cream and my husband in the same time zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment