Sunday 16 December 2012

Everything you've got - 6th Dec 2012



Today I read this quote and it struck a chord with me. It also gave me the push I needed to keep going with my pet project. It’s no secret I desperately want to write the book I believe is in me. The plans have been many and varied, but most focus around me taking six months off to write. I like to think of it as my maternity leave.
But somehow life keeps getting in the way. We spend too much, the mortgage is still there, and career opportunities have presented themselves. I'm slowly coming to the realisation that I have to start the book while I’m working. It's not going to be the relaxing, inspiring sabbatical I’ve dreamed of. But that’s ok. This quote made me realise today, that I can make it happen, I’m just going to have to do it the hard way. Today I'm grateful that I’ve realised the hard way is better than not at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment