Sunday 16 December 2012

Guardian Angels - 11th Dec 2012

Stop...and slow down


It's one thing to be racing so quickly through life that you forgot to stop and appreciate it. It's another to be so engrossed in the race that you run straight through a red light. Tonight I had a lucky escape and a huge wake-up call. I was racing to the Vet's after work, trying to get there before it closed. The traffic was shit and I was in a tight race against the clock. Two blocks from the Vet with seven minutes to spare, I was so fixated on getting through the intersection before they turned red, that I completely missed the set of lights before the intersection. They were red…and I ran straight through them. I only realised when the cars beside me came to a holt and I kept screaming ahead. Thank god nobody was coming the other way. I got a lucky break. I feel as though someone was watching over me today, and sending me a message at the same time. "Slow down, you are skating too close to the edge." Today I am grateful for my guardian angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment