Monday 19 March 2012

Where the magic happens - 18th March 2012

It's time to set out and up

The words of a classic Crowded House song caught me by surprise today. Despite singing them passionately and knowing them by heart, the true meaning of one phrase only grabbed me today. And it defines how I feel right now. "Still so young to travel so far, old enough to know who you are." 
I spent my twenties racing around the world in a big hurry to get somewhere. Now those glorious days are over, I feel I'm on the cusp of defining the next stage in my life. So what will 35 and beyond bring? 
One thing I do know is that I need to step out of my comfort zone. I’ve been weighting up some big life decisions of late and upon reflection, I'm allowing fear and caution to get in the way of brave decisions. What has happened to that girl who gave up a great job and boarded a plane with nothing to her name but the 20kgs of luggage under the plane (and another 5kg stuffed into James' bag)? It's time to channel that girl and step bravely into the zone where the magic happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment