Saturday 17 March 2012

Unexpected Serenity - 15th March 2012



The Serenity prayer is something I stumbled upon years ago. I remember thinking at the time, and on multiple occasions since, that it's such a great ideal but there is no way in hell I will ever achieve this state of being. The first and last points are the ones I struggle with. I have courage to make change in abundance, but I can't accept that certain things in life that are beyond my control. Wisdom is certainly lacking.
However in a surprise development, it appears I may have finally become a grown up. Today I found myself accepting several situations that in years gone by would have sent me flying into rage or caused steam to pour out of my ears like a cartoon character.  Instead a little voice in my head said, "Oh well, just let it go." And I did. Stop the presses.
I am perplexed by this development but wildly excited. It also appears the prayer is right. I felt a level of serenity today that does not occur when I am running around like the Coyote pissed off with the Road Runner. Let’s hope this wasn’t a one off. I like this new state of being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment