Friday 9 March 2012

Going to my happy place - 8th March 2012

The view from my happy place

Today I am resisting the urge to turn this blog into a daily rant about everything that pisses me off (Cityrail, the rain and stupid people to list just a few). It would be cathartic, lengthy and probably a lot funnier. 
But I’m trying to remind myself that the point of this blog is to appreciate the pleasures in my daily life, not whine about it. And let's face it, not every day will deliver champagne and roses. Some days are just down right shitty. Today was a bitch on all fronts. 
The one thing that got me through was reverting to my happy place. I spent quite a bit of time here today in a bid to avoid a volcanic eruption. 
This place is where I want my life to get to. I’m living near a beach with white sand and clear blue/green water, spending my days writing a book with my husband and dogs by my side.
Getting through crappy days is all part of the journey to reach my happy place. Hopefully they will also make the view that much sweeter when I arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment