Tuesday 6 March 2012

Can't Switch Off Syndrome - 6th March 2012

The proof I am suffering a condition
Today I made the startling discovery that I am suffering from a condition striking down women aged between 25-40. Firstly, I must confess that I self diagnosed after reading an article in Grazia. But don't laugh, I think I'm on the money.
Based on the symptoms below I am convinced I have what is known as 'Can't Switch Off Syndrome' or 'CSOS'. See it's real. It even has an acronym.

Scoring 4.5 out of 5. Not good

Five key symptoms are used to diagnose the condition and I have four-and-a-half of them (my self medication is still moderately under control). This is brilliant. I'm so relived to discover I did not become incompetent over night, as I’d feared. 
Confirming the condition was the easy part. Curing CSOS appears to be much harder. Key tips offered include "become your own best friend," and "swap multi-tasking for uni-tasking." Can't I just have an injection or take a tablet? I'm not quite sure how being my own best friend will help me get two days worth of work done in one. 
Oh well, it’s a start. Today I am grateful for the diagnosis and the hope it brings for striking some work-life balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment