Wednesday 28 March 2012

Poppy Power - 25th March 2012

The Boy's Club. Zander and Poppy John at his Christening


There is something truly special about watching your parents play with their grandkids. Their love is so tangible, their attention so focused and their joy so pure. Today I watched my Dad as he spent ages pulling funny faces to make my nephew Zander laugh, then cuddled and rocked him to sleep on his shoulder. Grandparents get the best deal, all care and no responsibility. I appreciated the opportunity to see my parents in a different light today - the way my niece and nephew see them. They aren't the people who impose the rules and set the boundaries. They are the people who make the fun and bend all of the rules. They also let you eat lots of lollies.

No comments:

Post a Comment