Monday 12 March 2012

A good horn honking - 11th March 2012

Seriously, how stupid are some people?
You would think I snapped this picture on a street in Bangkok. But no, it's a busy main road in Australia. What is it about Sunday that brings out the crazy drivers?
I don't consider myself an aggressive driver. Sure, I fantasise about being the next Ayton Senna (pre deadly crash), and I love a good horn honking when required, but I am most certainly not a road rager. That is until today. I now fear I am perilously close. 
I felt the need to honk passionately no less than five times today on a short drive to the airport. It wasn’t because I was hangover and insanely tired (read no patience). It’s because the quota of stupid people in the world is rising. I swear it’s true. 
Take the guy above for example. Who in the world would think it’s a great idea to strap a double bed mattress to the top of your little four cylinder car? And, don’t even get me started on the stupid woman who blocked the turning lane because she had no idea where she was going, then almost caused a crash as she came to a stop trying to work out exactly where she was.
Today's biggest laugh came from my realisation that I am using the car horn as a punching bag. It’s where I take out my frustrations. As my back seat passengers rolled around in fits of laughter, I beeped the horn long and hard at the first sign of any traffic infringement. 
The upside is everyone’s a winner. I feeling calmer post beep and the roads are safer as I’m keeping all of the idiots on their toes. I’m actually proving community service.



No comments:

Post a Comment