Saturday 7 July 2012

Above the storm - 5th June 2012

Rising above the storm


Regular readers of this blog, and anybody lucky enough to have flown with me, know what a nervous flyer I am. Ever since my last post bragging about the smoothness of the last few flights, I've been worried I may have jinxed myself. Today that theory was really put to the test. I'm pleased to report I am blogging from earth, not heaven.
My fight took off in the middle of a massive storm this afternoon. By massive I mean winds over 100km/h and a runway that resembled a river. The take off was scary to say the least. But then the strangest thing happened...we flew through the storm and emerged in clear calm air in the middle of a beautiful sunset. Today reminded me how quickly things can change. You just have to hang on through the scary and tough bits. A much better situation can be just minutes away.
   
Just push the big round button

On a lighter note, I also had a hilarious encounter today which requires reporting. In the toilets at the airport was washing my hands when a woman, clearly not from the big smoke asked me how you dry you hands "in this place". I pointed to the above hand dryer, suggesting that was the best option. "Oh," she said. Rather perplexed she continued with: "How do you get them to work?" I giggled so hard to myself once I got out. Where in Australia does no have hand dryers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment