Saturday 21 July 2012

The lucky tumble - 17th June 2012

Seriously Dad...that came out of your pants?

It's not nice to laugh at another's misfortune but sometimes that misfortune is so hilarious you can do nothing but laugh. Imagine this scene - my Dad finds himself unexpectedly locked out of my house. Instead of calling and asking me to come back, he decides to jump off our front steps, land on the ground below, then climb up onto the back deck and enter via a door he remembered leaving open. Great plan – but shocking execution.
Poor Dad didn’t expect the ground to be so soft and squishy. He lost his footing and fell over, hitting his head on the cement and breaking the neighbours window with his elbow in the process. We arrived home to find him holding a tissue to his bleeding head. Obviously Dad was fine, which is when the laughs started. 
This story is so classically Dad. Funny shit just happens to him. But this little adventure got even better. Five hours after the tumble he stood up shaking his leg. He could feel something "sticking into" his skin. Several shakes later the piece of glass above fell onto the floor. How in hell did he not feel that inside his jeans? Oh Dad, you make me laugh.
I shouldn’t laugh to hard though, I’m more like him than I like to admit. I locked myself out of the house at 7am this morning while walking the dogs – complete with bed head. I had to wake the neighbours up and ask if I could run through their house holding my dogs. We are two peas in a pod.


No comments:

Post a Comment