Sunday 8 July 2012

Toasting marshmallows - 10th June 2012

Nanny and Payten toasting marshmallows

I thoroughly enjoy watching my Mum and my niece together - partly because it reminds me of my childhood and partly because it reminds me what a truly fantastic mother I have. Everyone is put on this earth with one special talent. I still haven't found mind, but I know what my Mum's is. She is the perfect mother/grandmother. She has an uncanny ability to combine nurturing motherly instinct with unfailing wisdom. 
Today we had a day-time bon fire (I know, its weird). Payten was so excited about the chance to toast marshmallows, but when crunch time came the flames were too scary. In steps Nanny Kathy with a big stick and some encouraging words. Minutes later they are happily toasting away. Note the sunglasses - Payten looks like Louie the Fly. Apparently she needed Aunty Trice's glasses because the flames were too hot. Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment