Saturday 21 July 2012

Life as a single mum - 15th June 2012

My sleeping baby...I love him like this

Right now I feel like that woman from the ad on TV who would say in a whiney voice: "I'm a single mum with a daughter". Well that's exactly how I feel, except I'm a single mum with a son and a daughter. Oh, and small side note, and my kids are dogs. 
Anyway, the point of this story is that James is away at the moment and I'm looking after the puppies on my own. Today I gained an incredible amount of respect for real single parents. I don't know how they do it! 
I've got a shocking cold and wanted to do nothing but stay in bed all day. But that wasn't happening. The puppies needed a 'pee' walk to 7am, then they needed breakfast, then one of them ate their bed leaving me to clean up about a lounge room full of stuffing and ripped material. Then we were off to the park for their big walk. It went on and on. 
Today I am grateful for several things. The first is my commitment to listing to my gut instinct. I am not cut out to have real children. Second is the fact I am only responsible for dogs. There is less guilt when you give them a bone and go to hide in your bedroom for hours. Thirdly, I am grateful for the love these dogs bring into my life. After crawling out of the bedroom I moved to the lounge to sulk in my flu life haze. Little Rocco came to give me a cuddle and feel asleep on my chest. So sweet. He made me feel slightly better.


No comments:

Post a Comment