Saturday 21 July 2012

How time flies - 18th June 2012


The birthday girl wearing her presents

It feels like yesterday that I received the text announcing the arrival of Siena Jewell Smith. But time, as they say in a cruel mistress. Our group's first baby tuned six last week. I can hardly believe it. 
I remember the day she was born so clearly. I raced straight out and started shopping for baby clothes. I discovered a whole new level of shopping pleasure that day. You can never be too fat or short for kids clothes. Everything looks so cute and you can just buy it without the need to try it on only to realise it looks better on the hanger.
I've continued my tradition of buying clothes as birthday presents because I get as much pleasure out of the process as I hope the kids do from wearing them.
I am pleased to report that Siena was a fan of this year’s offering – boots and a beanie so she looks cutting edge at school. She has given me a new nickname in return  –  "Cool Patrice". I am very happy with this. Happy birthday Sienna Jewel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment