Sunday 8 July 2012

Petrol...I just want normal petrol - 8th June 2012

Which one is normal petrol?


What happened to good old fashioned unleaded petrol? Remember the days when you drove up to the pump, choose the unleaded nozzle over the diesel one and filled up – it shouldn't be any harder than that, should it? Today I found myself facing a petrol dilemma for the second time in as many weeks. There I stood staring at three different options: Vortex 98; Vortex 95 and BioUnleaded 91. WTF. I just want normal unleaded petrol. 
This dilemma has put a couple of things into perspective today. First, I obviously don’t fill up the car enough. I’m sure this Vortex business hasn’t occurred overnight. I relying on my husband to fill our car. Opps. Second, I am getting old. I feel like my Mum when mobile phones first came out. The upside is my Mum got to grips with texting pretty fast (the fact my brother taught her and she texts like an 18-year-old boy is also rather cute), so there is hope for me yet. At least I got a good laugh out of my own stupidity I suppose. 
By the way, James says the answer is to switch between Vortex 95 and Vortex 98 each time I fill up. Just bring back normal petrol I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment