Saturday 21 July 2012

Breaking the bra rules - 23rd June 2012


All we need is nipple tassles
Apparently I have been putting my bra on incorrectly for the last 20 plus years. I am also unhygienic because you are supposed to wash your bra after every wear it, even if you've only worn it for 20 minutes. Come on...surely other people wear their bra for more than one day in a row? I don't sweat much...honest. Surely that makes it a bit more ok, doesn’t it?
These are just two of the highlights from my first 'Intimo' lingerie party. Thank you to my dear friend Bernadette for the most hilarious Saturday I have had for a long time. I had the pleasure of fantastic company, laughed my arse off and purchased some sexy new underwear. Not a bad day out! Here are a few hilarious insights about bra etiquette:
  • Your boobs should sit halfway between your should and elbow, when you put the top of your arm beside your body and your forearm out at 90 degrees. TICK 
  • The correct way to put a bra on is to put your arms through the straps first, then reach around and do the hooks up at the back. The "do it up around your waist then pull it up to your chest" approach, along with the "do it up at the front and spin it around technique" are incorrect and lead to stretching of the straps = FAIL
  • You should wash you bra after every wear, regardless of the results from the sniff test = FAIL (but I don’t sniff, that was someone else's confession)

They say laughter is good for the soul. My soul is in great shape after today. Thanks ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment