Sunday 7 October 2012

The Little Book of Anxiety - 24th September 2012

I think Kerri Sackville has tapped into my head
My name is Patrice and I am a worrier. I worry about everything every day – small things, big things, all things. I usually have nothing genuine to worry about, but that doesn't stop me. And it seems I am not the only one. I discovered The Little Book of Anxiety by Kerri Sackville at my blogging course last week. It arrived in the post today and I've just spent the last hour reading it and almost peeing myself with laughter. My favourite insight so far has been this paragraph that is so close to home. Does anyone else do this?
“What if T has been in a car accident? What if he's lying on the ground, bleeding and unconscious, the life ebbing from his crushed body. How will I know? Who will come to find me?"
This book my just be my saviour. I am laughing my way through it because all of a sudden I can see how fruitless it is to worry about every tiny thing, even things that are not happening. It feels like Kerri Sackville tapped into my heard and mirrored my thoughts in parts of this book. Hopefully, now I can see myself from the outside, I can stop the needless worry. Laughs and perspective today –  not a bad day at all.  
 

1 comment:

  1. Aw... thank you so much Patrice! Really glad it resonates with you. Though I'm sorry for you that it does!!! Poor us! But there IS hope!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete