Sunday 21 October 2012

Staycation - 11th October 2012

Oh yes please

By sheer unexpected chance, James and I have ended up in the same town with a few days off, at the same time, together.  That's a big deal in our world. Had we known about this in advance, we would have booked a mini-break. But it was all so last minute. The result – we are now in the middle of our first staycation. 
I’ve heard about staycations, but I never really got the point. Why stay at home when you can go somewhere exotic? But now I get it. I'm a staycation believer. 
We are having the most brilliant time!  We’ve been to local restaurants we always talk about going to but never do, we've slept in and snuggled up watching movies, and we’ve done a bit of personal admin (you know, all that crap you never have time to do like lining up at Medicare). It has felt like a big extended weekend in business hours. I could get use to this. All hail the staycation!

No comments:

Post a Comment