Sunday 7 October 2012

A dinner worth the trip - 27th September 2012

The picture doesn't do it justice
I've come home to Mum and Dad's for a few days post-op R&R as James is away for work. Being the protective husband he is, and knowing I have limited domestic skills at the best of times, he feared I would starve to death if I stayed at home on my own. He had a fair point. I couldn't get down the stairs to collect the takeaway!   
Today I am grateful for the people in my life who know me better than I know myself.  They were all right. I've had a great day lying on the couch laughing and watching daytime TV with mum. To top things off, she whipped up the most incredible baked dinner I've had in ages. Why did I put up such a fight? This is so much better than feeling sorry for myself as I lay in bed and eat 2 Minute Noodles alone. Idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment