Sunday 21 October 2012

Cirque du Soleil - 12th October 2012

Incredible footwork in Ovo

Expectations can be dangerous things. A few weeks ago I booked tickets to Cirque du Soleil and I've been so excited ever since. I'd imagined a romantic night with dinner before the show and James and I enjoying each other’s company. Reality was bound to disappoint in hilarious proportions. And so it did.
My dream date kicked off with us having a ridiculous argument. We then tried four restaurants before finding one that could fit us for dinner. This was done with minimal conversation and me hobbling everywhere in a 'moon boot'. Finally we were seated for dinner with exactly one hour until show time. Tight but ok, I thought. We ordered and waited patiently, still minimal conversation. Patiently turned into impatiently when we were still without food 45 minutes later. The kicker came when we discovered they had forgotten our order altogether! Dinner ended up consisting of twisties and popcorn. Filling.
The good news is we got over our stupid argument and the show was great. Best of all, we had great seats and they were my second choice. Right now I am so grateful that I didn’t pay for front row. That was the saving grace tonight. I’m grateful for small mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment