Sunday 14 October 2012

A new view and perspective - 7th October 2012

Coogee you 'wowed' me

I am a little bit snobby and slightly judgmental. I admit that. For years I've shunned Coogee because it reminds me of seaweed in the ocean and a cafe strip filled with fried chicken shops. While this was true in the summer of 2000, I have deemed it the reality ever since. Wow, have I been missing out. It seems in this case perception is no longer reality. Today I accidentally discovered the current day Coogee and I've fallen in love. Gone are the take away shops and in their place are trendy cafes. The water is now crystal clear. Then there is the hidden gem Barzura, where my darling friend took me for lunch. I admit I was skeptical – lunch in Coogee – ahhhh. But after just 10 minutes soaking up the sun and the stunning view, I was ready to move suburbs. Coogee here we come. Today I am grateful to my dear friend Tracy for taking me out of my comfort zone and showing me what you can find when you stop being a suburb snob. I’m hatching a plan to move to the beach as we speak. Coogee = 1 Judgmental Patrice = 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment