Sunday 6 May 2012

The joy of anticipation - 30th April 2012

Such a powerful voice!


Today I was reminded about the positive power of anticipation. It's exciting to have something to look forward to each day, even if it is trivial and a tad pathetic. I spent much of today waiting for 7pm - for tonight's episode of The Voice. This cracking little reality TV show has got me hooked.
My anticipation centered on watching Joel Madden in all his hilarious glory and Mahalia Barnes in all of her powerful brilliance. I find this women's voice truly incredible! The excitement and anticipation of tonight's episode made the day fly by.
A second lesson also hit home tonight - fantasy is often better than reality. In contrast to every scene that I had imagined throughout the day, Joel made the typical male error of thinking with his pants and not his head when he picked the skinny and hot, but less talented, chick over the awesome Mahalia. Oh well, at least I enjoyed the anticipation. I have also now officially moved to Team Keith.

No comments:

Post a Comment