Sunday 6 May 2012

Great company, good food and true perspective - 1st May 2012

Ms G's unbeatable mini burgers

You know you've met a good soul when you can catch up with someone and chat for hours, despite not having seen them for over four years. Tonight I had the pleasure of spending the evening with the lovely Amy Craddock, and friend and colleague from my London glory days. It was great to catch up on the news, hear how everyone is going and share some good laughs. We also had the pleasure of eating Ms G's mini burgers. They really are quite special.
Despite the great company and good food, the most inspiring part of the evening was hearing the stories of two women Amy knows of though friends. Both are under 30 and both battling cancer. They are fighting a tough battle with courage and wit. Both have started blogs, which share their experiences, thoughts and insights. Hearing their stories made my heart skip a beat. There in that moment my life fell sharply into perspective. All those things I’d spent my day thinking about and worrying about don’t matter. Life and good health should be appreciated and treasured everyday. I need to constantly remind myself to do this, not just when something jolts me to do so. 
Here is a link to one of the blogs for anyone who is interested. It is truly inspiring! http://writtenoff.net/about/
I will find the address for the second blog and post it here in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment