Sunday 27 May 2012

Sugar rush - 7th May 2012

It was totally worth it

I've never been one to do things by half measures - so why should the spectacular failure of my detox program be any different! For the past four days I have been sugar free. In a bid to detox my stressed out and exhausted body I've given up everything I love (food wise) including chocolate, coke, cake, biscuits and all other manner of sweets.
I was doing so well until tonight...when I accidently face-planted into the most divine Baileys cheesecake and glass bottle of coke (the best kind).
I'm still not sure what part of my brain thought it was a good idea. The words, "go on, treat yourself, you've been so good" are still ringing in my ears.
Tonight’s experience delivered two highs in my day, literally. The first was the flavour of the cheesecake. It was worth every amazing mouthful. I'm a big fan of self-indulgence and right now don't care that I lack self-control. The second was my mid sugar rush phone call to James. I called for a chat about 20 minutes after the food crime occurred. His first comment, "What are you on? You are bouncing off the walls." Apparently I was chatting like a three-year-old mainlining red cordial. It seems a sugar rush is all it takes to put some zing in my life these days. Hilarious, and cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment