Tuesday 24 January 2012

Old friends are the best friends - 19th Jan 2012


This time next week I will be whirling around the dance floor with my three best friends at one of their weddings. And, I'm so bloody excited! Today was one of those days where perspective was easy to find and there was a whole lot to be grateful for. 
I feel so incredibly privileged to have three people in my life I have known since the age of 12, and can still call them by best friends. They each enrich my life in different ways but there are two common threads - they make me laugh and they make me a better person when I am around them.
Today I got to speak to all of them, which doesn't happen that often (thanks to lots of babies and busy jobs). The conversations alone made me laugh. Nothing has changed, "What are you wearing next week?" "Should we get our hair done?" "What songs are on the playlist?". Old friends really are the best friends.
The pic above is of Tracy and I at her Hen's dinner. The ridiculous hair styles, don't ask, just another in joke from our school days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment